In Part 1, I went over setting DHCP options, in this post, we’ll look at the MIME type/IIS configuration. In order for the Xenith clients to use the xen.ini configuration file, two MIME Types (.ini and .) must be registered within IIS.
1. On the IIS server (in Part 1, the IIS server was the Citrix web interface server), open the Internet Information Services Manager MMC.
2. Select the Default Web Site and on the right-hand pane, select MIME Types under the IIS heading.
3. Under the Actions pane, click Add.
4. On the Add MIME Type window, enter .ini for the File name extension and text\plain for the MIME type. Click OK.
5. Under the Actions pane, click Add.
6. On the Add MIME Type window, enter . for the File name extension and text\plain for the MIME type. Click OK.
7. Once again, verify that the xen.ini configuration file is stored in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wyse\wnos directory as shown below:
8. Reboot the Xenith client(s) and verify a successful boot to the XenDesktop/XenApp start page and enter valid user credentials. Once the user has been authenticated, the shared desktop should launch automatically.