HP provides a XenDesktop Appliance Add-On for their Windows CE Thin Clients to have them boot directly to the XenDesktop web interface page. This is especially helpful if you do not want the end-users interacting with the local Windows CE desktop.
To install the XenDesktop Appliance Add-On:
1. Download the XenDesktop Add-On and extract the .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file to extract files. By default, the files are extracted to C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server
3. Open XD.ARP (CE_Cabs subdirectory) in a text editor such as Notepad.
4. Search for the term servername. It only occurs once.
5. Replace servername with the server name for the XenServer web access page.
6. Save the file.
7. Copy the xp.arp file to a USB drive.
8. Insert the USB drive into the thin client. The USB drive will show up as \Hard Disk2.
9. Copy the XD.ARP file into the \Hard Disk\ directory.
10. Reboot the thin client to install the XD.ARP file. It should come up in XenDesktop mode.
To get back to the ThinConnect program or the control panel, press Escape when the “Automatic Log On” window is counting down.
Did you install some other AddOns on the ThinClient?
Will it work just with the Windows CE + the .arp File?
Precision signz Many poinMany thanks for this brilliant post! ts have extremely useful. Hopefully you'll continue sharing your knowledge around.