Looks like anybody who attended Synergy received the following email, but I thought I’d share it with those of you who did not attend Synergy. Sumit Dhawan, Citrix VP of Desktop Virtualization, composed a list of the top 5 questions here was asked in regards to XenDesktop.
1. XenDesktop and HDX – I received several questions regarding XenDesktop and HDX technologies, and how they are better than the competition. Mark Templeton demonstrated the difference during his keynote (http://www.citrix.com/tv/#video/404). In addition, we have prepared several side by side comparison videos that you can see with XenDesktop and HDX technologies when compared with a user experience without HDX – http://www.youtube.com/user/Desktop2020Blog
2. Customers using XenDesktop – Of course, if you are interested in XenDesktop, you’d be keen to know whether there are others using the technology. There were several customers who talked about their experience during the event. Here are some videos for you to watch:
• Collier County Schools – talked about their successful use of XenDesktop to deliver over 12,000 desktops and their continued interest in expanding to 20,000 desktops in 2009. Excerpts of the video were presented at Synergy; here is the link to the complete video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lzFpbGrPrg
• Emory Healthcare – the winner of the Citrix Innovation Award by use of XenDesktop for physician access – http://www.citrix.com/tv/#video/484
3. What was new with XenDesktop at Synergy – This question was asked a lot; so I wrote a summary at – http://community.citrix.com/blogs/citrite/sumitd/2009/05/08/Desktop+Virtualization+at+Synergy+2009
4. What if you are already a XenApp customer? – If you are already getting the benefits of XenApp for app delivery and app management, and wish to centralize the management of the entire desktop, we have a great deal for you. If you are buying or upgrading to, or already have XenApp Platinum, you can purchase XenDesktop Advanced Edition for only $95/CCU until June 30th, 2009. Please contact your reseller for more information.
5. 40,000 users on XenDesktop – Wow! Who, how & when? – During the keynote, Mark shared a customer moving forward with 40,000 virtual desktops with XenDesktop. I can’t share the details of who the customer is yet; but we will share more as soon as we can. What I can share is that this customer went through a pretty extensive evaluation of different technologies and picked XenDesktop along with CSC Dynamic Desktops (www.csc.com/cscdynamics).